Friday, March 17, 2006

Peace, tranquility, and a bunch of crap.
So my vacation was absolutely lovely. Log cabin, fireplace, hammock, hot tub, walks in the park... what's not to love? Well, the hot tub, for one. That was dreadful. It was like 30 degrees outside, so the hot tub should have been cozy relief from the cold. Instead, it was a sweltering horror. After turning down the temperature, to no avail, we had to get out of it. Other than that, it was a really relaxing vacation. In case anyone is looking for anywhere nice to go, check out Deep Creek, Maryland. It's a ski resort in the winter if you like that sort of thing (which I don't).

A fun quote from the weekend: "I'm a sweet gherkin, and they're like nuclear missiles." No, it does not have any inappropriate context, so don't ask.

And now for the bunch of crap: I gave my two week notice here so that I can begin a new job on the 25th, and I was told that while that's nice and all, I could pack up my belongings on Friday and be on my way. So I will have a week off (without pay, of course) to start looking for an apartment or whatever. Definite bunch of crap. But at least I escaped. Hooray for me!